Wednesday, March 25, 2009

premiership not everything its cracked up to be

the czech republic, for whatever reason, loves to televise the premiership. i think in the entire time i've been here, there's only been a handful of spanish games, a bit of the french league, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen an Italian one televised. Sure the prem is the biggest market, and it has the biggest names. But lets talk about the quality of the football for a second. You've got your big 4, aside from Barcelona, I'll take any of those 4 clubs with anyone else in the world, no questions asked. But I think the premiership is as top-heavy as ever, evidenced by the middle of the table.

I don't mind the Villas and Evertons, not the flashiest, but really solid sides. And Man City and Spurs might not be the most consistent, but they are attractive enough, and they can compete in Europe which has to be worth something. But its the Fulhams, Wigans, Hull Cities, and Boltons who are enjoying relative success in the league this year that I can live without. I'm sorry, but those sides are shit.

A spanish mid-table game in hand is worth two blackburn boltons in the bush I say.

No comments: