Sunday, February 12, 2012

Disjointed thoughts from the weekend

February - black history month, bad haircut month


1) Bravo Zambia. I'm not going to act like I knew about the tragedy of 1993 before this tournament, nor would I have if I didn't actively seek out information because not a single minute of this tournament graced the American airwaves, or even made an appearance on ESPN's bottom line, but I digress. It's a wonderful story, but it doesn't quite take the awful taste out of my mouth from what happened in Egypt last week.

2) Real Madrid just don't lose in La Liga. This game had all the makings of trap-game. Levante hadn't won in 2012, Barca had already lost so it was practically a freebie. But you just had that feeling that Levante could knick it, especially when they took an early lead. Real just keep trucking along though, this time behind a Ronaldo hat trick with a whopper of a dipping 30 yard shot that you have to see.

3) Leo Messi might be human. I haven't watched as much Messi as some, but I've seen my fill, and every time you watch the little genius you think, "jesus, he's the best I've ever seen." I can honestly say, this was the first game I've watched where Messi didn't leave me shaking my head wondering how he does it. He must have been ill or something...

4) You can take the Mancini out of Italy.... Why oh why does Mancini continue to insist upon playing with Garreth Barry alongside of Nigel De Jong or Yaya Toure? He finally gave Adam Johnson a game though, so I can't have everything.

5) Suarez is a knobhead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Microsoft will Office 2010 continue to look into everyone accounts to aid offer more suggestions for consumers seeing that essential,In he explained. In case just about any vulnerable ActiveX handles are normally found, it's possible to avert performance Microsoft Office 2010 in the latest variants involving Office by means of setting up some sort of so-called "killbit" of those adjustments, reported by 'microsoft'. Microsoft Office 2010 Download