Wednesday, September 17, 2008

tough to watch

sometimes football is just painful...to watch. Thats how i'm sure spurs fans feel all the time, and how I felt watching arsenal play dynamo kiev wednesday night. Kiev are shit. they're striker, (bangoura) is terrible. He belongs in some honduran league or something. Kiev took the lead on a classic hooking a la Vlade Divac, that the ref fell for and awarded the penalty.

Hopefully this doesn't come back to haunt them, but I don't think porto or fenerbeche will have any trouble with Kiev. This was just one of those games where arsenal were exposed. Van persie walking off the pitch after being subbed, Bendtner being his typical self and rushing to give the ball away or do something after the whistle had blown, and most importantly, Gallas (who was at fault for the goal) just being plain awful. He is a shit choice for a captain, oh, and I can't forget about Denilson giving the ball away countless times too. I guess he was trying to make up for Eboue's absence. I would take Song over Gallas right now to play alongside Toure.

ESPN has a cool new fantasy game called streak. My streak just came to a stuttering halt at three after this match that i'd love to forget.

1 comment:

ted hawes said...

It's called soccer.

Just started streaking last week. Got the Tampa Bay "You don't know anything about baseball" Rays over the O's tonight. Let me know when you want my paypal account.

Anyways, whats with the lack of Chelsea coverage around here? Man U/Blues its gets no play?

Just picked up 4 cd's this weekend
People in Planes - Beyond the horizon
The Automatic - Not accepted anywhere
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Kings of Leon - Only by the Night