Tuesday, June 1, 2010

blood doping anyone?

with the recent floyd landis escapade coming out, and my lifelong fascination with blood doping, i thought i could connect them with the world cup via the one big issue that nobody's talking about. No, not the jubilani. Even Skip Bayless is throwing in his two cents on the ball. (which I can't see how it can be worse than the 2006 ball, the most badass ball i've ever touched & or played with).

No, lets talk about the altitude. I've got a Scottish colleague who's been telling me for literally months now that England won't be able to handle the altitude. The Washington Post did a good article on some of the teams preparations, and it could be a real issue. There isn't that much time to recover from games, especially in the group stage, so we'll see how good of shape Cuathemoc Blanco is really in. (oh, he's not still Mexcio's best player?)

I always have to chuckle at professionals who start to cramp up, because they are too stupid to keep themselves hydrated. I'm sure somebody will be feeling a little tight in the 80th minute in some match. Anyway, just a little something to keep an eye on.

No comments: