Saturday, October 18, 2008

nothing like homeade gulas on a saturday. I had my first this afternoon and it was a dandy. I also got my tvu player going good enough to see my goltv phil and ray going for atletico real. What a cracker of a goal from old horsey face. And an edgy game to boot. But how does Real do it? Time and again they pull out these games like clockwork. After Atletico scored my first instinct was to look at the clock. And still w/ 6mins of stoppage time because of the ref, well thats just way too much time to give Real. It was a great game though, really exciting. Aguero was the best player on the field.

I watched Chelsea dismantle a normally decent Middlesborough this afternoon, 5-0! It was a typical performance from Chelsea, but boro were just god awful. Sometimes, (when watching Arsenal) I always wonder why teams seem to play so good against us. I just figured that you play up or down to your competition, such is the case in most sports.

But when watching Chelsea destroy Boro today, and then contrasting that with Arsenal Everton in the afternoon, I realized that its just the pure physicality aspect that Arsenal is never going to have that makes it that much easier for their opposition. Chelsea's Mikels, John Terrys, Ballacks, and Alexs, are just intimidating in their stature. Boro was almost afraid of Chelsea, something Arsenal can rarely claim. Until the pint sized gunners start adding some grit to their lineup, fellow Arsenal fans and I will have more games like the recent Hull loss to look forward to. A lesser team full of confidence, and executing their gameplan to perfection to steal the points.

No comments: