Friday, October 31, 2008

happy hal-o-ween

nope, no jolly green giants, or jack and the beanstalks this year. And no WS for the Rays just yet. Too bad, theres always next year. Or the next 40 years...

Wednesday night produced some pretty tasty goals. I loved Lampards little chip, (who cares if he meant it) and of course Bentley's volley left us all stunned. Thats got to be a candidate.

Inicidentally, the sickening 4-4 draw with Spurs is easily the worst performance I have ever seen from a usually rock solid Manuel Almunia. Blaming him for Bentley's goal might be harsh, but he usually makes that save. But he arguably was only blameless for the final and most gutwrenching goal of them all. Arsenal love to give up points, but I think its fair to say that this was uncharacteristic, at least the manner in which spurs were allowed back into the game. But the overall theme, (horribly outplaying the opposition, and having nothing to show for it) remains. At the end of the day, its about results. period.

Hornets are off and running, NBA games are pretty tough to come by over here, but so are a lot of things.

I'm nursing my longest streak yet at a modest 7, but I'm so gunshy about doing anything, I'd rather just go for the monthly crown, but thats impossible from over here, unless I want to give up sleeping.

And last, I guess we're a little too young, but check out this guy. what a badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4QjKdMIXes

No comments: