Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 6 take the day off

If you feel like missing a day, this might be it. Although the first game of the day, Germany versus Croatia, does have some potential to be a dandy. I'll look for the Germans to keep sending on those exquisite balls from both flanks, which is all their towers of strikers need. One thing I noticed in their first game was how everyone can cross the ball with either foot. There wasn't one skewed effort I can remember. Its little things like this that make the Germans so efficient, they don't waste opportunities. Croatia won't need any extra motivation, they know that if they can get a result today, they have a chance at avoiding the Portuguese in the quarterfinals. But the insertion of Kevin Kuranyi, the Shalke star will be too much and Germany will punish a mediocre Croatian defense. 3-1 to ze Germans.

As for the other game, I like Poland. Despite the promise of beer for life to the first Austrian who scores, I think the Poles will keep them off the score sheet. 1-0 behind a Smolarek scorcher.

I guess I'll throw a Vijay prediction out there for the US open too. Why doesn't he get the love he deserves, he's always under the radar. I'll be pulling for him, and the Celtics tonight, to shorten up that NBA series before the refs start fixing games again like in 2002.

2 comments:

Rob Gordon said...

you are a terrible predictor. leave the predictions to the pros you gooner!

Sam said...

are u kidding me, my predictions have been pretty stellar, lets see yours keano, you hack