Sunday, June 22, 2008

Spain vs Italy: Ray Hudson's Fantasy

I just got back from the river, and there's not much time before kickoff. Phil Ball wrote a quality piece as usual for the buildup to this game that's worth a read. It just seems all to obvious that the Italians would win, but I hope not. I'll be pulling for Spain.

What about yesterday? What a game, it had everything. Hiddink's celebration, Arshavin's dazzling skills, a horsey face tap in, MVB's questionable decision not to use Robben, it had it all.

Its tough not to feel for the Dutch, Croatia, and Portugal, but it just goes to show, that the group stage doesn't mean anything. So conventional wisdom would tell us that Italy should progress over the fourth team that rested players after securing the group only playing 2 games. But its not as if the Spanish team doesn't have enough history going against them already, so what's one more little pattern?

It looks like my man Acquilani will start alongside De Rossi, thats a nasty midfield, I don't care how many Marcos Sennas are in there to try and stop them. And if Cameronesi has a good game, well LOOK OUT.

But still, I gotta keep the bad predictions coming and go with Spain 2-0! Ole...

3 comments:

Sam said...

"Iker again mannn." And I think someone (Nick) owes a certain someone (Aaron) an apology. Him and Deyan I think are the only people with their final prediction intact. But that Casillas player of the tournament is looking just peachy.

Unknown said...

I refuse to apologize for having the guts to say what everyone was thinking. With that said nice picks Aaron.

ted hawes said...

Do-do, do you have it?

GUTS!