Saturday, June 21, 2008

So Dutch...

I've really been waiting for this one. This should be one of the more exciting games of the tournament because of both teams' styles. One thing I'll mention about Russia that impressed me, is that they did not celebrate like they just won the world series after the beat Sweden. If you saw Croatia after they upset Germany, you would have thought they won the entire tournament. Russia was not like that. They expect to be here, and they know they are capable of beating the Dutch.

We'll see if the Orange can rally around the delicate Bouhlarouz situation, I cannot imagine playing after such a thing, but apparently he is in the squad. And if that storyline isn't enough, of course there's the whole Hiddink being a "traitor" or wanting to be a traitor. Who knows.

I expect a great game, watch out for Arshavin, he is a monster. 2-1 Netherlands.

No comments: