Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dear Monsieur Wenger

Please stop playing Emmanuel Eboue in competitve fixtures. And while you are on the subject just go ahead and give him his outright release. There were days, (two years ago), when he was actually a dangerous right back. I remember him being instrumental in that Champions League run to the final. Always getting forward and slicing up the right side, and getting that hard low cross in.

As I type this, Adebayor just scored to make it 2-0 Arsenal. I can't remember Arsenal playing this bad and not being punished. They've basically been dominated, except this Dutch team is afraid of the net. What a soft performance though. I hope not to see Arsenal play any worse this year, (but I'm sure I will). There are some positives though. Djourou played relatively well which is good for his confidence. And shit, we won (I assume we will) 2-0. Which practically assures us progression, unlike some other Greek teams which will remain nameless.

I haven't seen the USA Nigeria highlights yet, but 2-1 seems about right. You knew we probably weren't going to recover from that Dutch last gasp equalizer. Too bad, but I'm sure its a good experience for our team playing with, (and I mean with, not just being there) world class teams of their caliber. By caliber I mean of course the size of the gun and the character of the girls, its a homonym.

No comments: