Friday, August 22, 2008

olympic wind down

after a night of heavy drinking I was hoping for something relatively soothing on my 2 olympic channels. It didn't look good with the first showing that damn equestrian, (and people say golf is hard to watch) but things picked up with France vs. Croatia in the handball semis. Sure, we've all seen handball before, but not like this...

Two countries going all out, beating the crap out of each other, bloody noses, closelines, and alley oops were just a few of the happenings in this match. France pulled off the relative upset with Croatia being the 04 medalists, but the French were the better team.

I think boxing just edges out its competitors, (judo, shooting, whitewater rafting) for most irrelevant and boring. I swear there's boxing everday all day. But one thing i haven't seen is a baseball game. Oh well, I guess I've seen plenty of those.
Go USA volleyball. This site is sweet too for the olympics. http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/

No comments: